Thursday, February 5, 2009

SCHOOL!

I've decided to dedicate this post to my school. :) Just to let you know exactly what I'm doing in school, day in and day out. :)
This, of course, is my favorite subject. Music. On the piano in this picture, there are three books.
The first, is a book of Fau're, which my teacher makes me play out of....its VERY grueling! :)
Next there is MY favorite book of Debussy.
And then, my teacher's book of Les Miserables (she's giving me a taste of playing Broadway)

My violin: I have yet to give it a name. :) and that, by its side, is my Violin Concerto Which is absolutely KILLING! Especially in the left hand. ;)



This is one subject that I feel I can do without! :) Algebra II...Yes, those papers are all full of my lovely chicken scratchings. :)




My science this year is Physics. I love Jay Wile, he's great, but Physics is just a little too much math for me.



One of my favorite subjects: Literature! I get to read classic books, and then do critical thinking courses on them. I just finished reading "Frankenstein." I almost cried when I read it, I felt so bad for the monster. :( It was a GREAT book though, and I enjoyed it!


This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE subject of all times! I think I like History even better than music. I was able to read this GREAT book (its on the left) called "Honor: A History." It was really good. I'm also studying world history, I just finished Rome. I watch video lectures as well. They're the best! :)


Languages:
I study Latin and Spanish for my Foreign Languages.
I LOVE Latin! I've been taking it for four years now. The only thing about it that I don't care for, is that the curriculum doesn't teach you to say "hello" to people, or "how are you doing?" They teach you to say, "The wolf fears the pitfall" and "One hand washes the other hand." It'd be a little odd to go up to someone and say "Hodie Mihi, Cras Tibi." (Death happens to me today, but it will happen to you tomorrow).
The only sentences I know that one could possibly tell someone else, are "Hilarem Datorem Diligit Deus" (God loves a Cheerful giver) and "Bonum Certamen Certavi, Cursum Consummavi, Fidem Servavi" (I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith).
But all the same, I enjoy learning it. :)


I enjoy Spanish! I do Video episodes. They follow the story of a lawyer (Raquel Rodriguez) working with her client. :) Its really interesting. :) and funny.



Geography:
I'm studying world Geography. Its one of those Fun subjects that give me a break from Physics and Math. :)


And Last, but not least,
Bible. I'm listening to Cassette tapes of Dr. Harold Wilmington. He basically goes through the Bible book by book, and teaches from it. Much like a Pastor I suppose, but he does more lecturing than anything else. Right now, I'm finishing up Paul's Latter Epistles, so, I'm nearly done the Bible. :)


Those are my school subjects this year.
I've just been signed up to take the SAT in March, so I'm a little scared about that. The SAT is harder than the PSAT (I think) which I've taken twice. So, I'll have to add Studying for the SAT to my list of school. ;) Oh YAY! :)
Well, that's it for now. I'll write again soon!


10 comments:

Daniel and Rachel said...

Wow, looks like you keep pretty busy with school!! Are you a Senior this year? I never took Physics in high school, but I took Geometry...I actually really enjoyed that class. It wasn't so much math as it was logic. LOL. Thanks for the comment on my blog!! :)

*~Virginia~* said...

LOL Yeah! :) I'm in 11th grade.
I liked Geometry too! :) Its Just Algebra that I have problems with!:)

The K. Family said...

Keep up the hard work. I think the music looks like the most fun!

Anonymous said...

Skinners, Latin is not supposed to be spoken to people, so of course you're not going to get normal phrases like "hi, how are you?" Where would you speak that anyway?

*~Virginia~* said...

Sarah, I know thats YOU! AND, you really would'nt, but my point remains...I was SAYING taht it basically is a dead language.
Unless you want to say Bible verses, or join a monastery or something (which I'm NOT inclined to do)
SO THERE! :)

*~Virginia~* said...

(join a monastery, I mean)

Anonymous said...

Well, first of all, you couldnt join a monastery because you are female...you'd have to join a nunnery. Second, I really can't believe you ran around through the house arranging your school books and taking pictures of them....*snigger* Obviously mommy is not giving you enough work to do. :D

Naomi K said...

I remember doing those subjects once upon a time - not Latin though, I did Greek instead - wasn't very good for conversation either...History and Geography were my favorite subjects as well - Physics and Algebra 2 were to be endured! and I don't suppose I'll ever quit Bible and music. Oh, and I used to say I was going to start a Baptist nunnery - you can be one of my teachers :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I am doing Algebra 2 also and love it.

*~Virginia~* said...

ick, well, you can have mine!!!! :) because I DON'T like it!!! haha