Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Farming :)

Well, its finally Spring!!! Even though it doesn't feel quite like Spring, its encouraging to know that its here!
I've been keeping busy with planting and stuff. Yesterday Daddy, Oliver and I planted three rows of Onions.
In case some of you didn't know, I live on a small farm. We have five acres, but I find amazing how much we actually plant on those five acres!!! We have about 300 Apple, Peach, Nectarine, Pear, Cherry and Apricot trees...(did I forget any?) Ha ha.
We have TONS of Raspberries too! That's one of our bug products. We have Red, black, pink, yellow, and purple raspberries. :) Seriously.
Anyway, just for those of you who didn't know that I live on a farmette...:)
These are the lovely rows of onions which we planted.

This is looking toward the back of the property.
I took a picture of The Keckler homestead. Our old Pine Tree is still lying on the ground, waiting to be sawed up. The one to the right we had De-limbed.
This is really only half of the house. but for those who have never seen it, there you go!



So I really didn't have too much to say, other than stuff about the farm.
:)
I'd like to just write this brief excerpt from an adapted version of Pilgrim's Progress. I thought this was really pretty.

'The Pilgrims heard the boy sing:

He who is down, need fear no fall;
He who is low, no pride.
He who is humble, ever shall
Have God to be his guide.
I am content with what i have,
Be it little or much:
And, Lord, yet more content I crave,
because You save such.
Fullness to those, is all a blight,
Who go on pilgrimage:
Her little, and after delight,
Is best from age to age." '

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, spring is FINALLY here...hooray! It's my favorite season!!

Lizzie

*~Virginia~* said...

:) Its one of mine too!!!