Monday, January 12, 2009

A poem

Hey Everybody,
I didn't have any pictures to put up today, so instead, I'm going to share a short poem. My mom was throwing away a really old book about a year ago. I thought that since it was so old, it may be interesting. After attempting to read it, I found that it was very boring. But while I was skimming through the book, I came across an old newspaper clipping. It had this poem on it. I thought that it was really pretty, and I thought I'd share it.
  • Beyond the Gray
Bertha R. McDonald
The Firelight flickers and the icy rain,
Beats dismally against my window pane;
Out in the garden, 'Neath a robe of gray,
The Flowers lie dreaming of another May.
And so, Dear Heart, Although the wind blows cold,
And tall trees shiver as the days grow old,
So I sit dreaming; and afar I see,
Beyond the gray, another spring, and thee.

No comments: