Friday, June 5, 2009

CSA's, and Piano Recitals

WOW! Did we ever have a BUSY day on Wednesday! (I can't REALLY say WE, because I was inside baking most of the time)...:D
Wednesday is our "delivery day": the day when we make CSA deliveries to The National Geographic Society, and the Washington DC Jewish Community Center. In all, that's about 120 shares we had to put together on Wednesday morning. Every time I walked out into the garage, it was so crazy!
Finally, Mommy came inside and told me to turn off the ovens and come outside and help.
I took a few pictures of the stuff we were giving the CSA's.
The Rhubarb and Asparagus,
And these mountains of Shallots, Spring onions, and radishes. There was other stuff too, but I didn't get pictures of it.
My dad was supposed to leave at 12 in order deliver the CSA's by 2:30. Well, we finished up RIGHT at 12, so that was good!
Next week, we're probably going to start earlier. :)
On Tuesday, Me, Oliver and Lydia, played piano and sang in Mommy and Katie's Piano recital. Since Mommy and Katie both have piano students, they merge for they're recitals. I was supposed to have two songs memorized....haha. I had one half memorized and the other, not at all. But I got through it. :)
I was just taking random pictures of myself in my formal. This is actually the same dress I wore to Stuarts wedding. We kind of had a last-minute dress problem. :) It was about ten minutes before we left, and Lydia realized that the only dress she had was too small. At the same time, I realized that I couldn't wear my black one because it has bone in the top and sleeves. I can't play violin with bone poking me the whole time. So, I went with my red one, which turned out to be a mistake because four of the six hooks and eyes in the back had fallen off!!!! Mommy managed to pin it together....:) and I had Lydia try on my Bridesmaid dress from Katie's wedding. So she wore that.
haha, I think its time for me to get a new formal. :)





This is Oliver playing the piano. I didn't manage to get any pictures of me while I was playing.


And THAT kept us busy for Tuesday and Wednesday! :)

4 comments:

Cora Beth said...

WOW! What a lot of vegetables to deal with in a morning!

Your red dress looks really nice! It sounds like you had quite an adventure getting ready to go, though... I'm hoping we have noticed everything with our clothes for tomorrow and won't have any disasters happen or anything!

Have a great weekend~

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! OLIVER LOOKS HILARIOUS! Was he playing beach buggy boogie?

*~Virginia~* said...

actually,I think he was!!!! :) hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Miss Doohoppy says you look ridiculous! Just kidding!