Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well, I've been keeping pretty busy with the farm work and other normal things.
After Sarah and I finished capping strawberries, pitting cherries and freezing them all (my hands are totally PURPLE now!!!) I noticed some really pretty flowers in the yard, which I had never noticed before. :)
This is one of my Mom's rosebushes.

Some Tiger Lilies
I think this is a rose, but don't take my word for it (I'm clueless when it comes to flowers....)


Even though this is not a flower, I found it in the yard, so I thought I'd take a picture of it! ;) haha

These little guys were in the yard as well....they've grown a LOT since my Dad built this cage for them! :)

And now I'm going to tell you a little story. :)
On Monday (yesterday), I got a phone call from Mr. Richman, who is the head director of the Pennsylvania Homeschoolers. He asked ME if I would play Pomp and Circumstance for the Pennsylvania Homeschoolers graduation ceremony on SATURDAY!!! I was just about to say "No!!!" when my Mom said "Yes, your doing it!!!"
UGH!!!!! She wants me to do it for the experience....
Unfortunately, I've never played Pomp and Circumstance in my life!!! So, as I'm sure you can imagine, I've been practicing like CRAZY!!!!
Its going to be held at the Forum in the Capital, Harrisburg. So, I'm going to be nothing but worried until its over!!! :)
Hopefully it'll go well though!

I'll post again later this week!
Ta ta!

2 comments:

Hartley Family Blog said...

That's quite an honor! You'll do great playing and I'm sure you'll have tons of fun! Praying for you!

Lauren

*~Virginia~* said...

thanks so much Lauren! Love you!!!!