Monday, June 15, 2009

VBS

Wow, it seems like its been forever since I last wrote! Yesterday was our first day of Vacation Bible School, at my church. We had a few major problems.....:)
We found out about two hours before Bible School started that the speakers for the teens, Woody and Alberta Wilson, were not going to be coming. So, my dad had to improvise for the first night, and we were hoping to get a youth pastor from a neighboring church to come in from Monday to Wednesday.
We finally found one who's available. So, we're all pretty relieved about that!
This is Daniel, he's playing the part of Miner Mike. ;)

The theme this year is "Treasure Mine," the decorations looked REALLY nice!





We all knew when the bus pulled in, because all of a sudden, the foyer was PACKED with kids.


The kids outside eating snack. I think after the name tags were all counted, we had 60-some kids from 3-11, and 20 from 12-18.




This is the group I was in. We had strawberry shortcake for our snack. (guess who made that?????) ;)






After our snack, we went and played a game with Mr. Myers.



After getting the hang of the game, we counted up our rocks to see who won. Brandon, (the one my Dad has his arm around) said that the boys had 18 in their bucket. But, he was joking, so that meant we won every game.






That was our first day of Bible School. This is my first year not helping in Bible school, and so far, its pretty fun! I'm sure I'll have more pictures later!
Until tomorrow probably!:)

1 comment:

Cora Beth said...

Thanks again for commenting on my blog, Virginia.

It looks like you're having a nice break from every day life and the Strawberry Shortcake sounds delicious!!!